Ever noticed how expensive cute picture frames can be? No need to worry ladies, I’ve found the fix!
Step-by-step directions to get this cute frame in your home!
Things You Need:
- any picture frame you wish to refinish
- Mod Podge (Mod Podge Tips)
- spray adhesive
- decorative wooden frame (pictured below)
Here’s how to do it…
- Take your decorative wooden frame and place it on a piece of paper (to collect the glitter). This is what the frame looks like. I bought mine from Michael’s and it was only $1. They had a variety of shapes and styles.
- Then paint the wooden frame with a nice coat of Mod Podge. Then you can begin to slowly pour glitter on the frame. I did mine in sections just so I could manage the glitter.
- After you have finished pouring the glitter onto the frame and you have shaken all the excess glitter off, you can seal the glitter coat with spray adhesive. I used Elmer’s Craft Bond – Multi-Purpose Spray Adhesive.
- Just spray a nice coat over the glitter and it will help to keep glitter from falling off of the frame.
- Lastly, you are going to use glue to attach your decorated wooden frame to the cheap Walmart frame. I used Craft Arte’s Amazing Goop.
- You don’t have to use much glue; a little bit will go a long way. After you glue the decorated frame to the cheap one you end up with this!
So simple and so cute. And best of all, so cheap!
If glitter isn’t your thing, try painting the frames to match your room or your home!
Want more ways to refinish frames? Check out these posts!
What do the picture frames in your home look like? If you have any great frame refinishing ideas send them my way!