I seem to be obsessed with bracelets here lately. Don’t worry, I promise to provide more variety when it comes to jewelry making in the near future. But today I am going to show you how to make the cutest button bracelet. It is quick, easy and affordable!
- buttons (vintage or new, it doesn’t matter) What are you going to do with all the extra buttons you have lying around? Check out Saved By Love Creations for some great ideas.
- waxed cotton cord (pictured below)
This process is really very simple. Here are your step-by-step directions!
1. Take a piece of wax cord cut about a foot long and fold it in half. Then tie a simple loop knot. (This loop knot will serve as you clasp to connect the bracelet once you have finished it. Make sure it isn’t too small/big.)
2. Next, pick out your buttons. I like to lay mine out a head of time just so I can find a pattern I like. Then begin to string the buttons on using the two strings. As you can see, on the buttons with just two holes I tied a little loop just to make sure they would not shift. Continue placing the buttons on until you reach your desired length for a bracelet.
3. Once you are done, the back should look like this. When you reach the last button, tie a few tight knots so that the button will stay in place. Then cut the ends of the string off.
4. Last but not least, you end up with this beauty.
Use the loop you originally tied to close off the bracelet with the final button.
Such a simple DIY bracelet and you can make it to fit your style perfectly!
Contact me if you have any creative DIY jewelry projects!