With Summer just around the corner, girls all over the country are preparing for beach season. They are gathering their tanning oils, buying new bathing suits and working out to get that “beach bod.” All of this can get pricey, and that is just the beginning! One thing that girls tend to drop way too much money on is bathing suit cover-ups. However, I have found a perfect solution. I’m all about comfort. But how great is it that I can get comfort and style in this simple T-shirt cover-up. Whether you’re working in the yard, hanging out on the lake or headed to the beach for the day, this cover up looks great on anyone.
- 1 old or new t-shirt (Hobby Lobby or Michaels sells t-shirts of every color for very cheap)
- needle and thread
1. First, take your t-shirt and lay it flat on the ground. Then, cut the sleeves and the bottom off, as pictured below.
2. Next, take your shirt and fold it in half to make sure you cut the sleeves and the collar even.
3. The previous step might take some time. Just use your scissors and trim away till you have the sleeves as thin/wide as you’d like them and the collar is even. Next take the bottom piece of the shirt that you cut off and cut it into two strips.
4. Now take these two strips that you just cut and wrap them around the sleeves of the t-shirt. Once you have done that, you will sew the end of the strip to the inside of the sleeve in order to secure it in place.
5. Once you have sewed one strip around each sleeve, you’re finished! You end up with a very elegant knot on the shoulder and cute t-shirt that you paid nothing for!
This is such an easy project that everyone can enjoy! For more t-shirt ideas, check out Divine Caroline.
If you try a different t-shirt recycling project let me know! I’d love to see your creations.