Children play such a huge part in our world today. They are the future generations that will take over for us once we are gone. That being said it is important that we raise up Godly children to be Godly men and women. One of the best ways to teach children about God, and just good morals in general, is through art. Art has been proven to be a great method of teaching and therapy. Schools, hospitals and parents all over the world use art for fun and teaching. I have a few good tips for all you crafters out there to use when it comes to working with children.
1. The simplest of crafts will entertain kids. Examples: coloring pages, paper airplanes, etc. Don’t stress over crafts for your kids, anything can entertain them if you make it seem exciting!
2. Companies like Oriental Trading or ABC Distributing offer great craft supplies. They typically come prepackaged and individually wrapped which makes for an easy set up and clean up. You an also buy in bulk for parties or Vacation Bible Schools.
3. Turn to Pinterest! There are so many great ideas for crafts made of things that you probably have sitting around your house.
4. There are a ton of FREE coloring pages offered online for nearly any event/activity you could think of! Just Google free coloring pages, and the opportunities are endless.
Crafting is also a great way to stimulate children’s minds. It encourages and strengthens creativity in ways nothing else can do. With summer coming up, I encourage you to plan 3 or 4 crafts that you and the kids can do together a week.
If you find any great children’s crafts, let me know! I’d love to see what you guys can come up with!
With Summer just around the corner, girls all over the country are preparing for beach season. They are gathering their tanning oils, buying new bathing suits and working out to get that “beach bod.” All of this can get pricey, and that is just the beginning! One thing that girls tend to drop way too much money on is bathing suit cover-ups. However, I have found a perfect solution. I’m all about comfort. But how great is it that I can get comfort and style in this simple T-shirt cover-up. Whether you’re working in the yard, hanging out on the lake or headed to the beach for the day, this cover up looks great on anyone.
- 1 old or new t-shirt (Hobby Lobby or Michaels sells t-shirts of every color for very cheap)
- needle and thread
1. First, take your t-shirt and lay it flat on the ground. Then, cut the sleeves and the bottom off, as pictured below.
2. Next, take your shirt and fold it in half to make sure you cut the sleeves and the collar even.
3. The previous step might take some time. Just use your scissors and trim away till you have the sleeves as thin/wide as you’d like them and the collar is even. Next take the bottom piece of the shirt that you cut off and cut it into two strips.
4. Now take these two strips that you just cut and wrap them around the sleeves of the t-shirt. Once you have done that, you will sew the end of the strip to the inside of the sleeve in order to secure it in place.
5. Once you have sewed one strip around each sleeve, you’re finished! You end up with a very elegant knot on the shoulder and cute t-shirt that you paid nothing for!
This is such an easy project that everyone can enjoy! For more t-shirt ideas, check out Divine Caroline.
If you try a different t-shirt recycling project let me know! I’d love to see your creations.